So, have you wondered whether you are with the “in” crowd when it comes to apps on your phone?
Here’s a list of the top 10 most popular iPhone apps for 2018, with some of my personal notes.
- YouTube: not surprising, knowing just how popular YouTube is.
- Instagram: interesting as it has far less users than Facebook. Maybe that’s just it: more people decided in 2018 to jump onto the Instagram bandwagon. As of June 2018, it had 1 billion monthly active users.
- Snapchat: In the third quarter of 2018, there were 186 million Snapchat daily active users.
- Messenger: this is the freestanding messaging app of Facebook. This allows for ads, Messenger robots (or bots) that can have meaningful “conversations” with users. According to Facebook there are now more than 2 billion monthly users.
- Facebook: still the leader in the social media space with 27 billion monthly active users.
- Bitmoji: I had no idea what this was until I saw it on iPhone’s Top 10. Bitmoji allows you to create a cartoon avatar of yourself. That’s your own emoji, basically.
- Netflix: easy to understand as we constantly hear how Netflix and the likes are hammering Multichoice / DSTV when it comes to movies and series.
- Google Maps: makes sense as we rely so much on our phones to guide us to where-ever we wish to go, whether for work or play.
- Gmail: most people have a Gmail address in addition to their work email address or even use Gmail as their work mail server.
- Spotify Music: This streaming music service now has 83 million paying subscribers worldwide. As of November 2018, it is available in 78 regions.
So, 2 thoughts after listing these top 10 apps come to mind:
- Which of these 10 do you use and even love!
- To what extent does your business benefit from the large traffic that these apps generate?
Wanna talk more about this with a view on how your business will benefit from mobile in 2019, then shoot me a mail: japie[at]sociality.biz